Foreigners can stay in the Korea according to their status of stay and durations of stay as stated on the visa.

Foreigners must possess status of stay for employment to work in the Korea, and can only work for the assigned jobs.

Eligible status of stay for employment are as below:

  • Short-term Employee (C-4)
  • Professor (E-1)
  • Foreign Language Instructor (E-2)
  • Researcher (E-3)
  • Technical Instructor/Technician (E-4)
  • Professional (E-5)
  • Arts/Athlete (E-6)
  • Foreign National of Special Ability (E-7)
  • Non-professional (E-9)
  • Maritime Crew (E-10)
  • Resident (F-2)
  • Overseas Korean (F-4)
  • Permanent Resident (F-5)
  • Marriage Migrant (F-6)
  • Working Holiday (H-1)
  • Work and Visit (H-2)

Resident (F-2) VISA has the most autonomy.

Choose the visa that best suits you.